Monday, December 22, 2014

#11 Audrey Gragert: Sup With Me


From the Artist: This painting was inspired by Revelation 3:20 NIV “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.”
I was struck by the intimacy of the picture of our Lord and God coming in and sharing a meal with us. Sharing a meal is something we do with friends and family, it is something we do with those we share life with. It made me think of how, when Jesus was born all those years ago, he came to a life where he ate and drank and shared life with people.
How amazing it is that Jesus, though he is a god, is not disdainful and condescending. He came all those years ago to earth as one of his creations so he could be with us in the future. He wants a close relationship with us. He wants to share our joys and sorrows. He knows our sorrow when someone we love dies and the joy we feel when we love someone. He wants to share with us the exasperation of the times when we are late and have lost our keys and the satisfaction and comfort of a good meal, and we know he can understand because he was here, just like us.
Christmas reminds me that Jesus wants a warm personal relationship with me. A relationship where we eat together and share life.


Audrey Miller is a Studio Art graduate of CSU Chico and one of the most joyful people I have ever met. She is currently a homemaker near Beale AFB in California. Check out her portfolio at Deviantart:
http://10time.deviantart.com/gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment