Monday, December 28, 2020

18)Snow had Fallen by Sowjanya Bora

Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,

In the bleak midwinter, long ago.

The cold and frosty winter's mornings when the grass shrinks beneath the feet,

The meadows are dusted with winter's cold makeup white,

Icicles form to look just like the teeth of some long since past prehistoric beast.

Winter's grip in some places on this our Earth holds on,

we hope never ever to cease.

The winter sun is low in the sky and its weak rays have little warmth, 

Still that Warmth conveys somewhere,

there always will be a ray of hope.

Snug in their winter's long sleep;

The world outside of which they knew now blanketed cold and white.

Eventually when the night draws in and there are no clouds and the sky is clear,

and the only light is from the moon, its silvery glow throughout the heavens appear.

Our little room of summer is now filled,

With love, warmth, hope and winter snow.

 

 

***** 

Sowjanya Bora is a medical student at the Osh State International Medical Faculty.   She says: "From childhood I have been very much into literature..I`m someone who is constantly trying to understand my place in the world and literature is the best way that I have found in order to see myself. I look at the mountains and the fields and the city and I say “Oh My God,” what a blessing."

No comments:

Post a Comment