Tuesday, December 22, 2020

11)A Finnish Carol and an Anthem for Hope by Miika Johannes



Miika says:  "The Christmas song Tulkoon joulu means "Let Christmas come."  This is a popular christmas song in Finland.  It goes back like to the time when Jesus was born and the real message of Christmas. Pekka Simojoki, a famous Finnish Gospel artist,  made this song, and it's popular throughout Finland.
 
 
 
 

Miika says:  This song is "Viimeiseen asti". It means "to hold on to the end". it is an encouragement to be rectitude and stand upright in the midst of these difficult times. H.O.P.E=Hold On Pain Ends.
 
Lyrics:  
 
Verse 1: Everyone fights, they're got their own wars. 
Each day a new page to this story.
The earth spins, the machines roar.
At times i just want to press pause.
Everyone rushes around,
Seeking truth,
But they twist it instead of seeing.
This road is not easy,
Feels like it may swallow me.
Let’s say the words that come in mind,
Let ourselves go.
It is said, we are fighting together, 
I do not want to be in an army where that shoots their own. 
I don’t wanna hurt you with what I'm gonna say, 
but your opinions are hard to swallow.
My mask is not enough for you, so I will tell you what comes from deep inside my heart

Chorus. Here I stand until the last, 
even if the storm rages around. 
Knees with blood beaten to the ground, 
hold on pain ends. 
 
Verse2: 
Beat my head against the wall,
I will continue even though I face these trials.
It doesn’t stress me, I'll just keep on living 
If sometimes knocks me down, I'll get up again. 
Problems are increasing, the pace is increasing, 
We seek comfort in all the wrong places. 
Blind, without limits, we wear ourselves and blame god. 
There have been moments, where I've had to choose, 
To swim against the current.
I am what i am and this is my life, 
Don't mind me if I don't live it like you do. 
No one is alone,
Thank you that you live it with me. 
The journey is in the middle but lets do it together.
If there are obstacles, they will be overcome.
 
 C verse: Hard to take a Step, 
I was not spared the pain, 
I still am not going to stay on the sidelines. 
I will cling to you even though 
There will be mountains I must climb 
That I did not see when I set out on this road. 
I see a army defending love, 
I see a army that clings to hope. 
Ready to give all, 
Standing up straight.
On the side of victory. 

****
Miika Johannes/Miika Sirveno is a youth leader and rock/rap singer-songwriter from Finland.  He likes field hockey, crazy games, and is very passionate about music.  You can listen to more of his work on Youtube or Spotify, or follow him on Instagram.  


No comments:

Post a Comment