Thursday, December 28, 2017

16)Sowjanya Bora "New Year's Eve"


The naiveness of the morning sky,
Often leaves me wondering
About those winter sun kissed horizons.
Looking at the calm dark green silhouette
Of the forest across the way makes me think
Silence can be beautifully
Bewildering upon the winter winds.
A translucent sheet of shimmering snow.
A warm light beam gleaming from the little coffee
Shop ‘round the corner,
Chinese lanterns hung
upon those window panes,
Light flickering in frosted fenestra.
Stories about darkened mornings
With knitted scarves wrapped
Beneath a bright little pink nose,
Such cold that fireworks freeze in mid-air.

It's all about the clock and its hands.
It's time to fall out in love again.
Time to write poems to the crescent moon,
To swoon upon those indigo candle flames.
Will tomorrow's sunrise
Be a little brighter?
Will the moonlight`s dazzle be
A little more pretty?

Midnight on New Year’s is
Both an end and a beginning,
More of a transition:
The thrill of the cheer.
The night carries on,
Song after song,
And as the clock strikes,
So does a glimpse
Of hope.




Sowjanya Bora is a medical student at the Osh State International Medical Faculty.   She says: "From childhood I have been very much into literature..I`m someone who is constantly trying to understand my place in the world and literature is the best way that I have found in order to see myself. I look at the mountains and the fields and the city and I say “Oh My God,” what a blessing."

No comments:

Post a Comment